Need to know how to buy an engagement ring for the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with? Online jewelers are a great place to start, allowing you to browse pressure-free and find the ring that’s just right.
Knowing what the person you’re proposing to will like is a crucial step in how to buy an engagement ring. Before you start shopping, ask yourself a few questions about her personal style, such as:
- Is her style classic, trendy or in-between?
- Does she prefer jewelry that’s simple or more elaborate?
- Is most of her jewelry made of silver (or white gold) or yellow gold?
- Had she talked about any particular aspects of others’ rings, such as the number of stones or the cut of the diamonds, that she likes or dislikes?
Also, be sure to know the ring size of the recipient—it’s awkward to present a ring that’s too big or (even worse!) too small. If you’re trying to keep your jewelry shopping adventures a surprise, try asking one of her friends or a close family member. These same people can also be a big help if you’re a bit stumped as to how to buy an engagement ring that sweep her off her feet.
Another important factor in how to buy an engagement ring online is selecting a trustworthy retailer. Before you do any serious shopping, do a little digging to be sure that you’re browsing an online store that offers both quality jewelry and excellent customer service. Also, check out their return policy and any warranties they offer.
Now you’re ready to shop! Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
- The 1/2 Carat Three Stone Diamond Ring in 14K white gold features a 1/4 Carat diamond flanked by two smaller diamonds. A classic ring like this never goes out of style!
- If her style is a bit more elaborate, consider the 3/4 Carat Diamond Circle Ring in 14K white gold, which features a 0.40 Carat center diamond surrounded and circled by 0.35 Carats of side diamonds.
- If she’d like something unique and meaningful, check out the Celtic Engagement Ring. The Celtic knots in its design symbolize infinity, love and union–all aspects of a great marriage!
- Or consider our favorite, the Vintage Diamond Engagement Ring, pictured above!
If you’re wondering how to buy an engagement ring, do your homework and make an online jeweler your first stop. You’ll find the perfect ring for your partner.