Cross of Calvary: The Gold Crucifix Pendant
April 12, 2011 by Jacki Christopher
Easter is the celebration of Christ’s death on the cross and resurrection into glory. Because he lives, we also live. Cross and crucifix pendants are visual symbols we wear to remind ourselves of the suffering of Christ and to proclaim our faith to the outside world.
Crucifix pendants, like the one shown here, feature a three-dimensional representation of the suffering Christ on the cross. It is an especially treasured symbol among Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran believers. Though the crucifix was established as a representation in these churches during the medieval period, gold crucifixes continue in style and popularity today.
This Gold Crucifix Pendant is available in two sizes. The larger pendant, pictured here, measures 1 ¾’’ in height and weighs 3.5 grams. The pendant is also available in a slightly smaller version, measuring 1 ½’’ in height and weighing 2.6 grams. Both are crafted of highest-quality 14k yellow gold.
You Might Also Like:
- Gold Crucifix Pendants
- 18K Gold Men’s Cross Pendant
- Anchor Your Heart to the Cross: 14K Gold Cross Anchor & Heart Triple Pendant
- TOP 10 MOST
POPULAR BLOG POSTS
- The Real November Birthstone: Citrine or Topaz?
- Why is Platinum More Expensive than Gold Jewelry?
- Understanding the Price of Platinum Jewelry
- Certified Diamonds vs. Non-Certified Diamonds
- Jewelry Hallmark Guide
- Rhodium Plating White Gold
- Platinum vs. Titanium Wedding Bands
- The 4 C's of Diamonds: Which C Matters Most?
- Price of Gold Per Gram
- Gemstone Ratings