October 31 Is…Reformation Day!
October 26, 2011 by Jacki Christopher
When we think of October 31, Halloween is probably the first thing that comes to mind. Whether you celebrate Halloween or not, October 31 is a day in the Christian calendar that should not be fully eclipsed by costumes and candy.
October 31, 1517 is the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the doors of the church at Wittenberg. While he did not realize the force of his action at the time, Luther’s bold move on that day gave rise to the Reformation. The last day of October is now recognized as Reformation Day.
The Holy Warrior Cross (shown left), also known as the Maltese Cross, is a symbol of humility and justice in the face of persecution against one’s faith. It makes a perfect remembrance of this event in history or a gift of encouragement for a Christian undergoing persecution or derision for his or her faith at work, in school, or on the mission field. The cross is crafted of 14k gold—both yellow and white gold available. It can also be purchased with an 18’’ or 20’’ box chain.
You Might Also Like:
- October Birthstones: Opal and Pink Tourmaline
- Alternative October Birthstone
- October Birthstones: Opal & Pink Tourmaline
- TOP 10 MOST
POPULAR BLOG POSTS
- The Real November Birthstone: Citrine or Topaz?
- Why is Platinum More Expensive than Gold Jewelry?
- Understanding the Price of Platinum Jewelry
- Certified Diamonds vs. Non-Certified Diamonds
- Jewelry Hallmark Guide
- Rhodium Plating White Gold
- Platinum vs. Titanium Wedding Bands
- The 4 C's of Diamonds: Which C Matters Most?
- Price of Gold Per Gram
- Gemstone Ratings