Ichthus Cross Pendant in 0.925 Sterling Silver.
Pendant measures 11/16" tall x
Also available in
The ichthus was used by Early
Christians as a secret symbol.
* Iota (i) is the first letter of Iēsous (Ἰησοῦς), Greek for "Jesus".
* Chi (ch) is the first letter of Christos (Χριστός), Greek for "anointed".
* Theta (th) is the first letter of Theou (Θεοῦ), Greek for "God's", the
genitive case of Θεóς, Theos, Greek for "God".
* Upsilon (u) is the first letter of huios (Υἱός), Greek for "Son".
* Sigma (s) is the first letter of sōtēr (Σωτήρ), Greek for "Savior".
During their persecution by the
Roman Empire in the first few centuries after Jesus Christ, early Christians
used the fish symbol to mark meeting places and tombs, or to distinguish friends
from foes: when a Christian met a stranger in the road, the Christian sometimes
drew one arc of the simple fish outline in the dirt. If the stranger drew the
other arc, both believers knew they were in good company.
our Ichthus Cross Pendant in Sterling Silver to be high quality, authentic sterling silver
pendant or necklace, as described above.