Symbol of Courage and Might–The Holy Warrior Cross
March 24, 2011 by Jacki Christopher
The mark of a true Christian warrior is one who is strong in the Lord Jesus and in the strength of his might. We put on the whole armor of God to stand against the schemes of the evil one. Having fastened on the belt of truth, put on the breastplate of righteousness, and with the readiness given by the gospel of peace strapped to our feet, we take up the shield of faith, put on the helmet of salvation, and we wield the sword of the spirit– which is the Word of God. Empowered by prayer we go forth to live as light in a dark world. (See Ephesians 6:10-20)
The Holy Warrior Cross, also known as the Maltese Cross, is a centuries-old symbol used by orders of Christian warriors. According to one source, the eight points of the cross were said to represent the eight lands that were members of the order. Later, each point of the cross came to represent a courageous virtue: loyalty, piety, generosity, bravery, glory and honor, contempt of death, helpfulness towards the poor and sick, and respect for the church.
The Holy Warrior Cross Pendant is a mighty symbol and reminder of our call to courage and boldness for the Kingdom—to strive for justice, truth, and mercy even in the face of persecution. The pendant is available in both 14k yellow gold (shown) and 14k white gold and can be purchased with a box chain. This necklace is a powerful gift of Christian encouragement for Easter, a graduate, a missionary, or a member of the armed forces.
“Be of good courage, and let us be courageous for our people, and for the cities of our God, and may the LORD do what seems good to Him.” (2 Sam. 10:12)
You Might Also Like:
- Holy Warrior Cross Pendants In White Or Yellow Gold
- White Gold Cross Pendants
- Anchor Your Heart to the Cross: 14K Gold Cross Anchor & Heart Triple Pendant
- TOP 10 MOST
POPULAR BLOG POSTS
- The Real November Birthstone: Citrine or Topaz?
- Why is Platinum More Expensive than Gold Jewelry?
- Understanding the Price of Platinum Jewelry
- Certified Diamonds vs. Non-Certified Diamonds
- Jewelry Hallmark Guide
- Rhodium Plating White Gold
- The 4 C's of Diamonds: Which C Matters Most?
- Platinum vs. Titanium Wedding Bands
- Price of Gold Per Gram
- Gemstone Ratings